Position Title: QA Inspector
Reports To (Title): Quality Director
Basic Purpose and Objective
Performs all required testing on production resins and incoming raw materials to ensure quality specifications are met; advise production of any adjustments to in-process resins in order to meet specifications; maintains retain samples of all production
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with customers in developing and maintaining compatible quality systems (ISO9001, AS9100, GE-S1000, Nadcap, etc.) and in solving any quality issues that may arise.
- Timely review and approval of material submitted with minimal supervision.
- Proactively assist representatives with compliance and regulatory standards and internal policies.
- Apply the rules and regulations of International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) to validate compliance of material movement
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and implementing advertising compliance reference manuals and standards and guidelines.
- Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and coordinates with warehouse lead to verify inventory
- Complete and maintain all record keeping of international transportation documentation for export/import activity
- Maintain procedures and ensure full compliance of the regulations governing the movement of goods
- Assist in the processing of North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) ‘Certificates of Origin’ for products/parts imported from Canada or Mexico-based suppliers, eligible for duty free status
- Provide regular reporting to senior management on logistics issues
- Participate in the training efforts of the department.
- Read and understand the Company Quality Manual.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Comfortable working in paperless office format.
Skills and Formal Training Requirements/Experience
- Outstanding communication, customer service, conflict resolution, and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and regulatory research skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and with Adobe Acrobat.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or 3-5 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience in Quality Control.
- Ability to interpret drawings with understanding of geometric tolerancing.
- Knowledge in the use and selection of quality tools (micrometers, calipers, gages and meters).
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, add and subtract fractions and convert fractions into decimals.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Organized, focused on details and committed to continuous improvement.
- Good verbal and written skills, including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- US Citizenship required.
- Complies with all Company & Regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment