Fastener Innovation Technology, Inc.
PART OF AVANTUS AEROSPACE
Summary: The Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction to manufacturing and production personnel in order to ensure that production deadlines and Company goals are met, and that work is being produced safely, efficiently, and with the highest quality standards. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for organizing, planning, and implementing shift assignments; coordinating daily and weekly workloads with the Director of Operations to ensure overall on-time deliveries of quality products.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all shift employees in the department are properly trained and current on their training requirements.
- Is responsible for auditing work processes to ensure consistent production standards; seeks the facts, performs root cause analysis, and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Is responsible for establishing clear communication within and between work centers and other factory processes/ departments; utilizes effective delegation skills within work teams.
- Utilizes Lean Manufacturing techniques and 5S to identify opportunities for quality and production improvements; continually evaluates results while sustaining what has been gained; leads by example.
- Is responsible for performing conflict resolution; proactively applies problem solving skills by clearly identifying the problem, using data/facts to determine root cause, and taking corrective action.
- Is responsible for conducting timely investigations of all safety violations; uses pro-active management techniques to focus on prevention and corrective action.
- Is responsible for encouraging team members to meet or exceed quality standards on all work that is performed and recognize quality as a key element of customer satisfaction and meeting business goals. Instill in your team that they are expected to demonstrate the highest work ethics when performing job functions, in dealings with their fellow employees, supervisors or outside customers, auditors or regulatory bodies.
- Must be able to work effectively with others.
- Must be able to work scheduled shift and meet company attendance requirements; must be flexible enough to stay late or modify work hours on short notice, if production deadlines require it.
- Coordinate with Health & Safety Engineer to foster workplace safety and enforcement of safety policies and training.
- Conduct periodic safety audits to ensure compliance to company standards.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, and development of all operations personnel through maintaining discipline and personnel relations.
- Provide training and development of all operations personnel through performance reviews.
- Additional Duties, as assigned.
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Requirements: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
- Prefer Associate’s degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school.
- Must have minimum three years of related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment in a leadership capacity; prefer experience in aerospace manufacturing and materials.
- Must have a "can do" mentality and the ability to overcome obstacles, both technical and non-technical.
- Must have strong team building skills and the ability to successfully facilitate team initiatives; must be able to manage diverse teams.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, business process improvement knowledge, and ability to train others with diverse backgrounds and education levels.
- Must have thorough knowledge of, and experience with, time-based improvement methods.
- Must have a working knowledge of budgeting/financial principles with the ability to meet key goals.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, evaluating, developing, counseling, disciplining, and terminating employees
- Must have a working knowledge of PC software, including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Ability to understand and apply problem solving skills to seek continuous improvement in all work processes and demonstrated track record of results
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams to achieve processes and business goals
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, hear, talk, bend waist and neck, squat, twist neck and waist, use hands to grasp, manipulate, push, pull and reach and able to lift up to 40 lbs., etc.
- Ability to maneuver successfully through a 33,000 square foot, ground level, single-story manufacturing facility.